Bandipur Village Walk - Village Walk in Nepal
Bandipur is situated at midway on the Prithivi Highway between the capital city Kathmandu and the adventure city Pokhara. It is 148KM from Kathmandu which takes 4 hours on drive. Bandipur Bazzar is situated on a ridge above the highway town of Dumre and presents sightseers with a heady mix of history, architecture, incredible views, awesome caves and unspoiled landscapes. Located at an altitude of 1030m, it has been described as a natural view tower, providing a spectacular panorama of the entire Annapurna Range plus the peaks of Dhaulagiri, Manaslu (above 8,000m) and Langtang to the Marsyangdi valley which is below 500m. Apart from the stunning views of the Himalaya and the Marsyangdi Valley, a visit to the town is an opportunity to get a close look at thousands of years old Newar cultural life that reflects the refined civilization of the Kathmandu valley. Bandipur is also a great place for adventure sports like paragliding, caving, rock climbing, rafting and hiking.
1. Bandipur Bazzar:
2. Tundikhel to see The Marsyangdi Valley (below 500m) and the magnificent Himalayan Range above 8000m in a single frame. It includes the spectacular peaks of Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre, Langtang, Manaslu and Ganesh Himal, among others. The Legendary Gorkha Palace and the famous Manakamana Peak are clearly visible from here
3. Thani Mai Temple
4. Teendhara-very famous for picnic
5. Siddha Cave: One of the largest Cave in Asia. It is 437m long and up to 45 m high but the cave ending has yet to be explored. You have to trek down from Bandipur almost 2 hours across the dense forest to reach this cave from Bandipur. It takes almost 45 minutes for caving completely.
6. Nature walks in Raniban (Forest): Lots of flora and fauna, including langurs, orchid, butterflies etc.
7. Hiking to Ramkot Village: Two hour easy hike to the west of Bandipur to typical Magar village.
8. Orchid Trail: Bandipur hosts more than 24 species of orchid. June is the best season.
9. Khadga Devi Temple
10. Bindhebasini Temple
11. Mahalaxmi Temple
Best Seasons: October to February for magnificent views, June to August to see beautiful wild flowers. However tourists visit all around the year.
Accommodation and Food: Best resorts with hot shower, swimming pool and delicious food. Home stay is also available for accommodation which provides you an opportunity to get closer with local people and their life style.
Facilities: Phone, Internet, Restaurant, Coffee Shop etc. along with good road link.
Bandipur Itinerary in Detail
Day1: Kathmandu Arrival - 1300m
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel by our representative.
Day2: Kathmandu Sightseeing
After breakfast, full day sightseeing at UNESCO Heritage Sites. Sightseeing at Pasupatinath Temple, Swayambhu, Kathmandu Durbar Square and Bouddha Stupa
Day3: Kathmandu – Bandipur – 4hrs drive
Drive from Kathmandu to Bandipur which is 148KM away. Lunch en route. Check into Hotel- take a view of beautiful chain of mountains Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre, Langtang, Manaslu and Ganesh Himal from Tundikhel, sightseeing of Thani Mai temple, Ramkot, Silk farm and strolling around traditional Bandipur village. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day4: Kathmandu – Siddha Cave – Kathmadu
Early sunrise view, breakfast and then trek down to Siddha Cave thru a beautiful forest for almost 2 hours. Siddha Cave is the largest cave of Asia which is 437m long and 45m high. It takes almost one hour for caving and then further trek down to Bimalnagar for 20 minutes - a highway- Lunch – drive back to Kathmandu.
Or you may spend some more days in this village as it has so many things to see. You may also participate in volunteering the local people.
Day 5: Departure